Sure, we still don’t know if college football is going to be played, but we do have win totals that we can discuss as we sit here in the middle of April and beg for some kind of sports to return, in any capacity.
According to BetOnline, here are the early win totals for each of the Big 12 teams for the 2020 college football season.
2020 Big 12 Football Win Totals (4/21/20)
Baylor Bears: 7.5
Iowa State Cyclones: 7.5
Kansas Jayhawks: 3.5
Kansas State Wildcats: 6.5
Oklahoma Sooners: 9.5
Oklahoma State Cowboys: 8.5
Texas Longhorns: 8.5
TCU Horned Frogs: 6.5
Texas Tech Red Raiders: 5.5
West Virginia Mountaineers: 5.5
So a few thoughts:
- It’s weird seeing the Oklahoma Sooners with an over/under in single digits, right?
- Eight of the ten teams in the conference are between 5.5 and 8.5 wins (OU and KU the others), which means the Big 12 is once again projected to be a very tight and competitive conference in 2020.
- Vegas isn’t buying any huge jumps for Kansas, Texas Tech or West Virginia under their head coaches entering Year 2.
- Baylor and Iowa State remain the wild cards in the conference, just like last season, when one of the two teams cashed in their chips in a big way.
- Is Texas being overrated at 8.5? That number seems about right, but history would tell us it’s too high. Tom Herman hopes like heck it’s not.
- Is Kansas State ready for an encore? I think most fans would sign up for seven wins in 2020 based on the way last year’s team exceeded expectations.
**Want to win a $25 gift card? Go sign up here and join our conversation! The best poster each week wins a gift card to your favorite establishment!**