It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Bowl Season. This is the time of year when we get to watch the Big 12 assert itself as one of the premier conferences in football, contrary to popular belief that it resides in the bottom half of the power rankings. After all, the Big 12 did go a perfect 5-0 in bowl games last year.
In all, seven of 10 Big 12 teams will be in action this bowl season, and there are some terrific matchups along the way. Texas Tech vs. Mike “the Pirate” Leach, Bob Stoops vs. Oregon 2.0, the first-ever OSU vs. Notre Dame, and Campbell vs. Swinney highlight the list of interesting matchups. That’s without mentioning the biggest game for the conference when Baylor takes on Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl.
Here is a list of the games, and the current lines for each of them, courtesy of BetOnline.ag:
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl – Texas Tech vs. Mississippi State
- Mississippi State (-8.0)
- Guaranteed Rate Bowl – West Virginia vs. Minnesota
- Minnesota (-4.0)
- Cheeze-It Bowl – Iowa State vs. Clemson
- Clemson (-1.0)
- Valero Alamo Bowl – Oklahoma vs. Oregon
- Oklahoma (-3.0)
- PlayStation Fiesta Bowl – Oklahoma State vs. Notre Dame
- Notre Dame (-2.0)
- Allstate Sugar Bowl – Baylor vs. Ole Miss
- Baylor (-1.5)
- TaxAct Texas Bowl – Kansas State vs. LSU
- LSU (-2.5)
It looks like several god matchups for Big 12 teams and should be a great measuring stick for the conference. Only Oklahoma and Baylor are currently favored in their matchups, but the lines are close and sure to sway some with opt-outs and coaching changes ever-present in today’s bowl season.