The first big name for Oklahoma has hit the transfer portal after a tough year in Norman as wide receiver Theo Wease has announced he will enter the transfer portal.
Wease is a former five-star wideout from the Sooners’ 2019 class, which was on par with the best offensive recruiting classes in the country that year.
Now, with Wease out the door, eight of Oklahoma’s top 10 commitments from the 2019 class are no longer a part of the Sooners’ roster, including their top seven commits from that year.
Here’s a look at the top 10 players from Oklahoma’s 2019 recruiting class and where they are now.
- WR Jadon Haselwood (Five-Star) – Transferred to Arkansas
- QB Spencer Rattler (Five-Star) – Transferred to South Carolina
- WR Theo Wease (Five-Star) – In Transfer Portal
- WR Trejan Bridges (Four-Star) – Dismissed From Team
- TE Austin Stogner (Four-Star) – Transferred to South Carolina
- S Jeremiah Criddell (Four-Star) – Retired
- OL Stacey Wilkins (Four-Star) – Transferred to ULM
- CB Woodie Washington (Four-Star) – Active
- WDE Joseph Weté (Four-Star) – In Transfer Portal
- CB Jaden Davis (Four-Star) – Active
The Sooners’ lack of depth showed this season and losing an experienced receiver like Wease won’t help the offense at all in 2023.
Wease recorded 19 catches, 378 yards, and four touchdowns in the 2022 season for Oklahoma, but had a monster game last week against Texas Tech in which he turned three receptions into 123 yards receiving and had a 61-yard touchdown to boot.
The Allen, Texas native will wrap up his career at Oklahoma with 64 receptions, 1,044 yards, and 10 receiving touchdowns.