Former Oklahoma wide receiver Theo Wease has picked his next destination and will be heading north to join the Missouri Tigers.
Wease is a former five-star wideout from the Sooners’ 2019 class, which was on par with the best offensive recruiting classes in the country that year.
Wease made his announcement on Twitter on Sunday afternoon.
Wease recorded 19 catches, 378 yards, and four touchdowns in the 2022 season for Oklahoma, but had a monster game last week against Texas Tech in which he turned three receptions into 123 yards receiving and had a 61-yard touchdown to boot. The Allen, Texas native wrapped up his career at Oklahoma with 64 receptions, 1,044 yards, and 10 receiving touchdowns.
Theo Wease will now join a Missouri team that just finished the 2022 college football season with a 6-6 record, while going 3-5 in conference. The Tigers will take on Wake Forest in the Gasparilla Bowl on December 23rd.
For the Sooners, it’s another hit to their 2019 recruiting class that has been decimated.
Here’s a look at the top 10 players from Oklahoma’s 2019 recruiting class and where they are now.
- WR Jadon Haselwood (Five-Star) – Transferred to Arkansas
- QB Spencer Rattler (Five-Star) – Transferred to South Carolina
- WR Theo Wease (Five-Star) – In Transfer Portal
- WR Trejan Bridges (Four-Star) – Dismissed From Team
- TE Austin Stogner (Four-Star) – Transferred to South Carolina
- S Jeremiah Criddell (Four-Star) – Retired
- OL Stacey Wilkins (Four-Star) – Transferred to ULM
- CB Woodie Washington (Four-Star) – Active
- WDE Joseph Weté (Four-Star) – In Transfer Portal
- CB Jaden Davis (Four-Star) – Active