Big 12 News

Texas Tech Football: Week 2 Game vs. Oregon Sold Out

NCAA Football: Houston at Texas Tech

Texas Tech has as much preseason hype surrounding its program as it has had in recent memory heading into 2023 and for good reason.

The Red Raiders are coming off an 8-5 season in Joey McGuire’s first year at the helm and have several key starters returning for another year. With guys like Tyler Shough, Jerand Bradley, and Tony Bradford back, there’s plenty of reason for optimism.

Texas Tech was picked fourth in the Preseason Big 12 Media poll, behind Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma. However, they’re not interested in that, as the folks in Lubbock feel they have a legitimate shot at a Big 12 title in 2023.


Red Raider Nation is ready to see the 2023 version of their squad, and won’t have to wait much longer to do so. TTU starts its season on the road at Wyoming, but will return home in Week 2 to face the Oregon Ducks, in what could be one of the best nonconference games of the year.

Apparently, Red Raider fans know that this game is going to be a must-watch too, because Texas Tech has already sold out of single-game tickets for the event.

Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, September 9, with Oregon currently favored by 3.0 points on the road, according to Caesars Sportsbook.

ESPN’s Matchup Predictor has this game as a virtual tossup, with Oregon holding a 51.2% chance of winning, to Texas Tech’s 48.8% chance.

With Tyler Shough facing his former team, and a rowdy fan base rocking Jones AT&T stadium in the 2023 home opener, I’d be hard-pressed not to pick Texas Tech to win this one, but perhaps things will change between now and Sept. 9.

To Top