While the Texas Longhorns are set to have many more games against the Alabama Crimson Tide in the future after the program leaves the Big 12 for the SEC, the matchup on September 9th between the two teams has officially cracked the top 3 of StubHub’s most in-demand CFB games of 2023.
The two programs met last year, and while many expected the Crimson Tide to take care of business with relative ease, the Longhorns fought until the end which made for one of the best games of the 2022 season.
While the duel between future SEC teams currently ranks in third, the matchup was beat out by two games which both include the Ohio State Buckeyes. The full list of StubHub’s most in-demand games are as follows.
- Ohio State Buckeyes at Notre Dame Fighting Irish on September 23
- Ohio State Buckeyes at Michigan Wolverines on November 25
- Texas Longhorns at Alabama Crimson Tide on September 9
- Iowa Hawkeyes at Penn State Nittany Lions on September 23
- Florida State Seminoles vs LSU Tigers* on September 3
- USC Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish on October 14
- West Virginia Mountaineers at Penn State Nittany Lions on September 2
- Tennessee Volunteers at Alabama Crimson Tide on October 21
- Ole Miss Rebels at Alabama Crimson Tide on September 23
- Army Black Knights vs Navy Midshipmen* on December 9
The current line on DraftKings Sportsbook has Alabama as a seven-point favorite over the Longhorns, but with Texas having one of the best rosters in all of college football (pending the development of Quinn Ewers), Sarkisian’s bunch could shake things up for an interesting game.
The Longhorns kick their season off one week prior to their date with Alabama on September 2nd, when Texas welcomes the Rice Owls to Austin.