Kansas Jayhawks

Kansas’ Gradey Dick Launches ‘Big Energy’ T-Shirt

NCAA Basketball: Indiana at Kansas

Well, the inevitable has happened. Kansas star freshman Gradey Dick, a consensus five-star and Gatorade Player of the Year in 2022, has signed a clever NIL deal with a clothing company.

Although he already has deals with Adidas and Long Macarthur Ford, Dick’s new deal with Charlie Hustle is probably going to be a fan favorite.

The new NIL-inspired “Big Energy” T-shirts will likely fly off the shelves after releasing on Monday. According to Jeremy Crabtree of On3, the T-shirt idea came from the KU student newspaper, University Daily Kansan, which featured Dick dunking on the entire front page of the newspaper with the words “Big Energy” in bold print.

Charlie Hustle is a Kansas City-based company that has featured several student-athletes with NIL deals, Dick being the latest to do so.

“Charlie Hustle continues to expand our NIL offerings and creatively work with student-athletes,” Charlie Hustle Chief Operating Officer Greg Moore told On3. “Our second Gradey Dick T-shirt is an example of taking feedback from the student-athlete and their family, then creatively designing something that a passionate fanbase would love.

“We think this one will be… big.”

Dick ranks 10th in the Big 12 and second among freshmen with 14.4 points per game this year, while shooting 44.3% from the field. Kansas is set to take on Baylor tonight at 8:00 as the Jayhawks will look to avoid losing three straight games.

To Top